BTC long-term HODLers hit all-time excessive as Bitcoiners refuse to promote

Information from Glassnode analyzed by CryptoSlate signifies that long-term Bitcoin holders have hit an all-time excessive, with a deal with Bitcoin that was beforehand lively 2+ and 5+ years in the past.

The cohort of traders from Feb. 2021 is at a median of 66% drawdown from the acquisition worth, whereas those that purchased within the 2017 bull run are at the moment in revenue. The common worth of Bitcoin 2 years in the past was round $36,000, and the common worth 5 years in the past was $9,500.

Buyers who bought Bitcoin for round $20,000 in 2017 needed to endure virtually 4 years of decrease costs till Bitcoin lastly broke above the 2017 excessive in early 2021. Nonetheless, purchases from the peak of the 2021 bull run in November have seen falling costs ever since.

The chart under highlights the Bitcoin provide that was final lively at set age bands from 1 to five years.  The purple line signifies the proportion of Bitcoin’s provide that was final lively over one yr in the past, whereas the blue line depicts Bitcoin that has not moved in over 5 years.

BTC active supply
BTC Provide Final Lively

Bitcoin, which was final lively over 5 years in the past, has reached an all-time excessive of 28% provide of the overall accessible Bitcoin. The 5+ yr provide has seen constant development since data started in 2014. Nonetheless, between 2016 and 2018, and 2020 and 2021, the provision plateaued considerably. Since mid-2021, the 5+ yr provide has expanded quickly.

Additional, the Bitcoin that was final lively over 2+ years in the past has damaged 48% of the overall provide for the primary time. The two+ yr provide final peaked in 2017 earlier than it fell to round 30% from a excessive of 47%. The sharp improve within the share of Bitcoin that hasn’t moved in 2+ years is rising on the quickest charge in historical past, indicating robust resolve throughout the cohort.

The info additionally confirms that round 36% of all Bitcoin modified palms throughout the final 12 months. The remaining 64% has not moved since Bitcoin was at $38,000.


On the time of press, Bitcoin is ranked #1 by market cap and the BTC worth is down 2.23% over the previous 24 hours. BTC has a market capitalization of $441.87 billion with a 24-hour buying and selling quantity of $18.21 billion. Be taught extra ›

BTCUSD Chart by TradingView

Bitcoin On-Chain Evaluation
Market abstract

On the time of press, the worldwide cryptocurrency market is valued at at $1.06 trillion with a 24-hour quantity of $46.45 billion. Bitcoin dominance is at the moment at 41.63%. Be taught extra ›

Supply: CryptoSale

Stay in the Loop

Get the daily email from CryptoNews that makes reading the news actually enjoyable. Join our mailing list to stay in the loop to stay informed, for free.

Latest stories

- Advertisement - spot_img

You might also like...